On Saturday, April 26th, 2014 from 10 AM – 2 PM, the Richardson Police Department and the Richardson Citizen’s Police Academy Alumni Association will sponsor a National Take Back Initiative local collection site for the safe and easy disposal of any unwanted, unused, or expired pharmaceutical or over-the-counter (OTC) medications.
Proper disposal of unwanted prescription or OTC medications will serve to:
- Reduce the environmental impact of trashing or flushing
- Remove the opportunity for accidental ingestion or intentional abuse.
Here are some things you need to know about Richardson’s local “Take Back” event:
- The event will be set up as a “drive thru and drop off” so that participants will not have to park and exit their vehicles.
- The event location will be on the west side drive thru lane of the Richardson Civic Center/City Hall located at 411 W. Arapaho Rd. (@U.S.75). Ingress and egress is easy from Civic Center Drive.
- Program participation is anonymous. No identification will be requested & substances turned in for destruction will not be inventoried or logged. Police are present for participants’ safety & security
- All participants must retain possession of their own medication during the collection process, from home to the point of disposal.
- Participants may dispose of solid dosage medications (pills, capsules, etc) in its original container or by removing the medication from its container and dumping it into the disposal box.
- All pharmaceutical liquids, such as cough syrup, will be accepted in their original consumer containers, and tightly sealed to prevent leakage.